Sunday, December 27, 2015

It's raining it's pouring.....

It has been unseasonably warm here in WNY. We STILL don't have any snow yet! I wanted to take advantage of this and head out on an adventure with my adventure dog Jeffery. Even got him a new hiking coat. I have also toyed with the idea of panniers for him, but I don't see us hiking for hours yet that he has to carry his own food and poop bags. He is somewhat of a beginning hiker dog too, so I will have to be mindful of his capacity. He is 10 years old. We have done some mild hikes together. And Jasper, well, at 12 he stays home. Jeffery is a rat terrier poodle mix and is very agile. 

It has been raining steadily since I looked outside last night at 10pm. Most people look at rain in disgust. I welcome it like an old friend. I love a rainy day. I could sit and watch the world glisten outside my window all day. A weekend day like this is a treat. In my favorite spot, dogs nestled by my side and a pile of books next to me. This is heaven. I have never minded rain camping either. There is something about being cozy in a tent or cabin safe and dry against the elements that gives me joy. 

So when I am out on my adventures I will welcome rainy days as gifts. I certainly will have many books with me, probly on my nook. It will be a pleasure to hunker in no matter where I am and enjoy a rainy day of reading and snuggles and a good cup of tea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment